Monday 16 April 2012

Silly Cow has friends in high places!


True friends are those who keep your feet on the ground while your head is in the clouds, and I'm lucky enough to have quite a few of them. Albert Alpaca and I have often been seen having an barney outside the H@ME Interiors shop, but I know that if push came to shove, he'd be there for me through thick and thin. But this fundraising malarkey has introduced me to so many people that I never thought I'd get the chance to meet. So I thought I'd share with you, lovely readers of my blog, some of the celebs I've crossed paths with on my travels!

Firstly, who likes Harry Potter? Well, I'm a massive fan, so I was completely star struck when I was taken on a visit to the house of no other than Rupert Grint, or more familiarly known as Ron Weasley. He was very friendly, and even let me have a quick snack in his garden before travelling home.
Afternoon tea at Ruperts
At home with the Weasleys...now where are those Every Flavour Beans?

My second brush with the rich and famous happened when Toyah Willcox happened to be walking down Lower Street in Stansted. Matthew thought it would be the perfect opportunity for me to do some networking, but I was too shy to moo at her. So I let him do the talking (he's good at that!), and he invited her over to meet me. She tried to milk me, but I wasn't having any of it-only professional farmers get to mess with my teets!  See the video clip below for coverage of our meeting.  


She is a lovely lady though, the original female rocker and an inspiration to all us followers of girl power. I loved her on 'I'm a Celebrity'. Oooh, I wonder if Ant and Dec ever visit Stansted when they're not jetting off to the jungle. I'd certainly moo for their attention!

I think I'm going to buy a ticket for the Audley End Picnic Concert Weekend on August 3rd-5th- maybe I'll see if I can get a backstage pass to meet her again. It said in the Herts and Essex Observer that Jools Holland, Rick Astely and Aled Jones are going to be there too.  Contacts, contacts, contacts.  After all, it's not what you know, it's who you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment